Saturday, July 11, 2009

Finding a Direction

I've got a couple ideas for an online community, but really have no idea of how to go about it. I'm thinking that I'll have to depend heavily on a user base to supplement my limited workforce and knowledge. I don't have the capital to hire a team and get busy right off, all I have is an idea, a solid work ethic, and a belief that I can. My knowledge of online communities, and finding the hosting to support the massive traffic I anticipate is limited at best. I'll have to find specialists in all the areas that are not within my experience.
I'll need -

Software Engineer - someone who can implement new technology as it's suggested by the users, and who can make the ideas that I have a reality.

Debugger - someone to work with the engineer and go over all the errors that we run into, freeing the engineer up to attend to more demanding, large scale tasks.

Hosting Specialist - an understanding of domains, servers, and web hosting is integral to the exchanging of information.

Internet Traffic - someone to get the site's ranking up in google, connect with large websites and establish links, and find other ways to increase site traffic and membership

The first idea I think I'll implement is HumanPets a site where those who have an interest in human ownership can find other masters, slaves, pets. Right now I don't even have an internet hookup to establish these sites, or a source of funding to pay for web hosting. There's a number of open source software solutions that I will turn to at the outset. Once I establish a forum for discussion I can take the website in a direction that the users specify.

No comments:

Post a Comment